The Stanwyck Trilogy

March 12, 2009

I've been working on these all day (and night), and FINALLY, at 6:45am, I am finished! I actually did two other portraits of Barbara Stanwyck that I wasn't happy with before I ended up with these three.

Being that it is 6:45am, I am very, very sleepy. In my just-barely-awake condition, I really can't write the kind of post that Barbara Stanwyck deserves, so I'm going to just write when I wake up. But I didn't want to make you wait any longer to see the Stanwyck trilogy! Soooo here it is! Babs circa 1933, 1942 and 1955.






9 comments:

Paul D Brazill said...

Smashing!

Anonymous said...

Totally Fabulous! The 1942 one is my fav. I love the hair in the 33 one and earring in the 55 one, too!

elena-lu said...

oh my goodness i cant believe you stayed up!!

godd work on these girly!!

Classic Maiden said...

Waow I'm so impressed Kate. Love all three, but I especially fell for the second one. Waow :D

Elizabeth said...

Kate these are great! I love seeing them altogether too.

Millie said...

Oh, these are AMAZING!

Love them all, but I do think the '55 is my favorite! I love the expression on her face in that one!

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone! Glad you like them :)

Ginger Ingenue said...

The eyes in that last one are absolutely perfect...

Unknown said...

thanks!!