October 06, 2009
Graciebird from Dreaming in Black and White has a Carole Lombard Birthday tag to celebrate Carole's 101st birthday. I meant to do a drawing/painting to go with this but got sidetracked today, so hopefully I'll be able to post one tomorrow :) In the mean time, here are my answers for the birthday questionnaire :D
1. Favorite Carole film.
To Be or Not To Be. If she had lived longer, I would have loved to see her teamed with Jack Benny again. I thought they were a great comedic team!
2. Carole's career was cut tragically short in 1942. Though she worked with many amazing and talented actors, who would you have liked to see her with?
I think she would have been great with James Cagney!
3. Ok, so who was your favorite out of Carole's leading men?
Robert Montgomery, hands down! I love them in Mr. and Mrs. Smith!!
4. Do you think Carole's relevant today? if so, why?
Of course! (who among us would say no??) Her movies, her style and her legend will always be relevant.
5. Do you agree with contemporary views that someone like Cameron Diaz is the new Carole Lombard?
Blech. No! That's like asking if Hannah Montana is the next Garbo!
6. On a sale of 1-10, how cool was Carole?