Happy Birthday Ginger Rogers & Grandmom!

July 16, 2010





To movie fans, today is a birthday bonanza for two larger-than-life actresses: Barbara Stanwyck and Ginger Rogers. But for most of my life, July 16th only meant one birthday -- my grandmother's! So when I decided to do a birthday post for Ginger Rogers after posting my Stany one this morning... I felt I'd be neglecting the most important birthday of all if I didn't mention the one I'm actually celebrating this evening with my family :)

Happy Birthday Grandmom! (And Stany, and Ginger!)

6 comments:

Terence Towles Canote said...

Happy birthday to Barbara, Ginger, and your grandmother!

Raquel Stecher said...

It's a birthday tri-fecta! Happy Birthday to Babs, Ginge and your grandma!

Raquel Stecher said...

It's a birthday tri-fecta! Happy Birthday to Babs, Ginge and your grandma!

VKMfanHuey said...

7/16 is an awesome day! Happy Birthday to your grandma, Kate!

BTW, great sketch of Ginger! I always liked that 'capture' from 'Shall We Dance' - she looks mad, of course, but also in deep thought or whatever... it is just a cool pic, to me...

Keep It Gingery!!!
VKMfan
---

Lolita of the Classics said...

A fantastic portrait of Ginger, and an awesome photo of your grandmother! She looks really cool!

Sally said...

That picture is amazing! I love it!