December 19, 2016
I saw this on Hamlette and Deb's blogs and decided to join in! I didn't include Two English Girls in any of my answers, but as a consolation prize I made it the header image for the post. It was definitely a contender for favorite period dresses. Muriel probably has my favorite period "look" with her steampunk sunglasses, which honestly deserve their own post...
1. What's your favorite Period Drama movie?
Jules et Jim (with an honorable mention for Doctor Zhivago)
2. What's your favorite Period Drama series?
Foyle’s War. Michael Kitchen owns my heart.
3. Which Period Drama do you dislike the most?
I’m going to go with Gone with the Wind. I don’t necessarily dislike it, I just think it’s kind of overrated and I have no desire to re-watch it. (Although I have to admit these sleeves are TO DIE FOR.)
4. Anne of Green Gables or Little Dorrit?
I haven’t seen either, eek! I’ll go with Little Dorrit though because Dickens is my mom’s favorite author and Tom Courtenay is in it.
5. Your favorite Period Drama dresses?
Olivia de Havilland’s dresses in The Adventures of Robin Hood. I’m patiently waiting for a Medieval style comeback... *fingers crossed*
6. Who's your favorite Period Drama character?
Ronald Colman as Sydney Carton in A Tale of Two Cities.
7. If you could join a royal ball, which dress would you wear? (Pick a Period Drama dress)
I know there’s a specific dress that I’m forgetting (and I’m 99% sure it involves giant bell sleeves) but after spending WAY too much time trying to remember my mystery dress, I finally settled on Drew Barrymore’s angel dress from Ever After.
I really shouldn't say "settled" though because this dress is pure magic.
8. What's your favorite Jane Austen movie?
I’d normally answer Clueless, but since this is a period drama tag that probably doesn’t apply here. So my runner-up would be Emma.
9. Downton Abbey or Call the Midwife?
Downton Abbey, but only up until they kill off Sybil because I couldn't keep watching afterwards. (but Chummy on Call the Midwife is one of my favorite tv characters. I adore Miranda Hart.)
10. Sybil Crawley, Jenny Lee, Emma Woodhouse or Marian of Knighton?
11. Which couples of a Period Drama do you like the most? (Pick at least four)
Henriette and the Duc de Praslin in All This and Heaven Too
Phryne Fisher and Jack in Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries
Becket & King Henry’s bromance in Becket
Lara and Yuri Zhivago in Doctor Zhivago
12. And last, which Period Drama villain do you like the most?
Death in The Seventh Seal!