Splash Award

April 15, 2009

Excuse my tardiness in finally getting around to accepting & then passing on this lovely award given to me by Lolita at Lolita's Classics! Also, please excuse me if I award someone who has already been awarded... it's very hard to keep track!

"The Splash award is given to alluring, amusing, bewitching, impressive, and inspiring blogs. When you receive this award, you must:

1. Nominate up to 9 blogs which allure, amuse, bewitch, impress or inspire you.
2. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
3. Let them know that they have been splashed by commenting on their blog.
4. Remember to link to the person from whom you received your Splash award."



Since I follow so many blogs, and love them all so much, I'm beginning to feel queasy when I have to publicly name four or five (or even nine) that I would select for an award. Almost every blog I follow deserves one! How can I narrow it down?!

However, my nerves calmed when I finally decided to take this opportunity to plug a few of the new blogs I've begun following in the last month; all of which are absolutely fantastic & deserve to have 1 million followers each! Please take a look at them when you have a chance-- you won't be disappointed!

Cinema OCD - I just discovered "Jenny the Nipper"'s fabulous blog about two weeks ago, and I am totally hooked. She has a razor sharp wit & an affinity for Brian Aherne-- what could be better ?

Ingrid Bergman Life and Films - Not many people can conquer the task of devoting an entire blog to one person; but Alexis has taken on that challenge & passed with flying colors. I love learning more about Ingrid Bergman with each post she writes!

Riku Writes Mostly About Film - Richard is one of the best writers ever. Seriously-- his sheer brilliance & cinematic insight are astounding. But don't take my word for it-- go read his blog!

The Kitty Packard Pictorial - Another recent find that has me hooked! I spent hours just browsing the first time I stumbled upon the site, gawking at all of the rare photographs, advertisements & interviews!

Twenty Four Frames - Just a sampling of the recent topics on 24 Frames is enough to make your mouth water: I Am A Fugitive From a Chain Gang, The Great McGinty, Wild Boys of the Road (a great William Wellman picture) & a write-up on Gloria Grahame!

Radiation Cinema - A blog devoted to classic sci-fi!! Your eyes will pop when you first land on the site! It's packed with Nuclear PSA's galore, fun polls, great posts & clips!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kate!

I'll be back later to check out all these exciting blogs! (I'm having visions of my ginormous blog list growing to gargantuan proportions...) :)

Unknown said...

Congrats-- well deserved!

Anonymous said...

THANK you so much, medearie!! And thank you ESPECIALLY for the tip about Cinema OCD ... I am loving it ...

John said...

Thanks Kate for recognizing http://twentyfourframes.wordpress.com/ I am most appreciative.

Unknown said...

casey- thanks!! me too- I think mine is up to like 70 something or more!

John- Thanks!

kitty- Thanks to you! I'm so glad I found your blog :) Isn't OCD great?! Jenny is so witty!

John- Thank YOU! I love your blog :)