Elizabeth's Two Sisters Tag!

August 27, 2009

Elizabeth just started a new tag, the Two Sisters tag -- here are my responses!

1. Do you like Greta Garbo?

Definitely! I actually like her talkies better than her silents, though.
2. In Buster Keaton's MGM films, do his gestures and his plots resemble those of Harry Langdon?
I haven't actually seen enough Harry Langdon films to answer, sorry!
3. Who is your favorite director of silent dramas?
King Vidor
4. Do Harold Llyod's movies (movies, not shorts) drag along?
I actually think they do a bit... (sorry Elizabeth!!)
5. Who made better silent shorts, Mack Sennett or Hal Roach?
Hal Roach!
6. Is Al. St. John a genuine heavy, or a baby heavy? (This is based on the idea of the "Baby Vamp" which was the character of the girl who was vampish, but not a vamp.)
I'll say yes.
7. Do you like 1920's musicals?
I do, though I wish I could see more of them. TCM doesn't play them very often :(
8. Do you like Al Jolson's movies?
Yes, but I like his music more -- my mom thinks I'm crazy for liking him and thinks he can't sing!
9. Who is your favorite animal star?
I like Asta, but my favorite role of his is in The Awful Truth, not The Thin Man :)


I tag:
Nicole
Casey
Hala Pickford

6 comments:

Nicole Newcomb said...

Thanks for the tag, my fave is Asta too!! lol

Lolita of the Classics said...

Can you really answer "yes" to a "do you think this OR that?"-question? :D Remind me of my father who always drive me insane that way. "Do you like this dress the best, or this one?" "Yes."
By the way - sexy picture of Charles Boyer in the right column! Want to email it to me? Pleeeeaaaase! ;)

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for participating Kate! You really should see more Harry Langdon! He's an absolute genius!

Anonymous said...

Since I dont usually post quizzes in my blogs I thought I'd do it here :D:

1. Do you like Greta Garbo?
Yes she vants to be let alone!

2. In Buster Keaton's MGM films, do his gestures and his plots resemble those of Harry Langdon?
You know Harry Langdon is one of the few comedians I've never seen...so I dont know.

3. Who is your favorite director of silent dramas?
D.W. Griffith hands down

4. Do Harold Llyod's movies (movies, not shorts) drag along?
I think some of his shorts drag more than his features; but some of them are quite good. Usually they'd be better with less chase in them

5. Who made better silent shorts, Mack Sennett or Hal Roach?
Probably Hal Roach; Mack Sennett was a loon and damn proud of it!

6. Is Al. St. John a genuine heavy, or a baby heavy? (This is based on the idea of the "Baby Vamp" which was the character of the girl who was vampish, but not a vamp.)
Probably a baby heavy judging by his Arbuckle work

7. Do you like 1920's musicals?
The few I've seen...musicals werent fantastic until Carmen Miranda entered them

8. Do you like Al Jolson's movies?
MAMMY! I've only seen The Jazz Singer but he impressed me...very energetic...makes Doug Fairbanks look like a narcoleptic.

9. Who is your favorite animal star?
Teddy cuz he was cute. And that monkey from Four Horsemen...had its own little wardrobe and more acting talent than Joan Crawford ;)

Maggie said...

I plan on getting a "Mr Smith" next year. I'm going to teach him how to hide his eyes too!

NoirGirl said...

So sorry for the somewhat late response! I only just found this. (I'm very, very behind on my blog reading.) I'll be thrilled to do this tag!

Absolutely love your new Youtube Logo! That is the best one I've ever seen! :)