Creative Blogger Award

October 09, 2009

I received the Kreativ blogger award from Trixie and Lolita-- I've seen this going around before, and I thought it was about time that we just spelled it correctly :)

There are some rules attached to the award, so here they are:

1) Tell you seven things that you don't already know about me.
2) Name seven other blogs to receive this award.
3) Leave a comment on each of the blogs I have nominated letting them know that I have given them an award.
4) And lastly, thank the blog that gave you the award.First, seven things about me. I'm doing all movie-related ones!
1. I used to own the domain name silentsandtalkies.com from 2005-2008, which housed a pretty in-depth website with pictures and information about stars and movies from the 1930's. I couldn't afford the hosting fees anymore so I had to let the domain expire last year.

2. My first big classic movie crush was Jimmy Stewart in 2000. Since then I've also had a thing for Frank Sinatra, Gary Cooper, John Mills, Robert Redford, Dana Andrews and now (of course) Dirk Bogarde.

3. It's a good thing I didn't have a blog when I first got hooked on Dana Andrews-- you would have been
bombarded with reviews, pictures and lots of girly gushing -- much like you're suffering through my current obsession with Dirk Bogarde :)

4. To celebrate her 100th birthday, I drove four hours round trip to see two Barbara Stanwyck movies on the big screen in 2007 (Meet John Doe and Remember the Night)

5. I believe with all of my heart that I was born in the wrong era, and sometimes I literally feel trapped in this time period.

6. I know this feeling is shared by a lot of people and I actually have a solution
(albiet an expensive one) to this problem, which I'm going to elaborate on in a post later this month. No, it doesn't involve a time travel machine.

7. I'm going to be celebrating my 10th anniversary of discovering classic movies (yup, I know the exact date when I first fell in love with them) in about two months, and I have oodles of exciting things planned for my blog to commemorate the occasion :D


I really just can't pick seven blogs to give the award to-- but I wish everyone would give themselves the award and write the seven things list! I'd really love to see more movie-related ones too :D

Thank you again to Trixie and Lolita!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good idea on correcting the spelling :D
It was driving me crazy!

Can't wait for your postings on your 10th anniversary!

Loes said...

"Born in the wrong Era", that's how I feel as well! If someone invents a time machine, i'll be the first to jump in! (: